Left his birthplace of Higashiishikuro village (in present-day Nanto, Toyama prefecture) for Osaka in the spring of 1910 at the age of 17 or 18. Apprenticed at the Ueda Seiyaku pharmaceutical company (in Nakatsu). Transferred to the Matsuno Seiyakusho pharmacy (in Toyosaki), producing sulfuric and nitric acid. Established Yoneyama Yakukagaku Kojo, the forerunner of the present-day company.
The origin of this emblem is unknown, but it is thought to have been inspired by a stamp of a similar design on a papier maché tiger attached to bamboo grass provided as a charm against illness during a festival at the Sukunahikona Shrine in the Doshomachi area of Osaka (known as a center of pharmaceutical products).
Company is established and incorporated as Yoneyama Yakukagaku Kojo G.K.
(The Yoneyama name is perpetuated as a way to pay homage to the late partner and preserve the company’s founding spirit.)
Initial company establishment
YONEYAMA KAGAKU KOGYO in the late 1950s
(Fukushima-ku in city of Osaka)
Phosphate facility at Osaka Plant
Large automatic continuous crystallization facility at Ashikaga Plant
Ammonia storage tank at Ashikaga Plant
CSCC high-mix, low-volume production equipment at Osaka Plant